Is your coffee maker very calcified? Normal due to lime in the water! And if you do nothing, your coffee maker may be damaged. No need to break the bank by buying an anti-limescale remover for your coffee machine! Fortunately, there is a simple trick to removing limescale from your coffee maker perfectly. The effective and natural trick is to clean a coffee maker with white vinegar. Look :
How to do
- Fill the coffeemaker reservoir with white vinegar.
- Leave on for at least 30 minutes.
- Swirl your coffee maker with the white vinegar until the reservoir is empty.
- Now fill the tank with clean water.
- Cycle again until the tank is empty.
And there you have it, your coffee maker is now perfectly clean thanks to the white vinegar
Easy, fast and efficient, isn’t it?
No more lime in your machine! Your coffee maker is like new.
It is the most economical solution for descaling the coffee maker. And it is a non-polluting and non-toxic natural product.
You will see that your morning coffee will be much better without lime!
Remember to do this maintenance once a month to increase the life of your coffee maker.
Good to know, this effective trick works just as well for filter coffee machines as DeLonghi, Senseo, Nespresso, Tassimo, Nespresso Krups and Nespresso Magimix espresso machines.
- If your coffee machine is very scaled up, you can let the white vinegar work for longer.
- You can run your coffee machine just with water several times to rinse it well.
- If a smell of white vinegar persists, don’t worry, it will quickly wear off. And the taste of the coffee will not be altered.
- You can completely fill the water tank with white vinegar. The amount of white vinegar used will therefore depend on the capacity of the tank.
- If you are worried that the white vinegar will damage your coffee machine, dilute the amount of white vinegar used with as much water: 1 part white vinegar to 1 part water.
Why does it work?
White vinegar is not only a very economical product, it is also very acidic. It is this property that makes it a formidable anti-limescale! By remaining in the coffee maker for at least 30 minutes, the large quantity of vinegar put in the tank will attack the lime and dissolve it. Once the coffee maker is turned on, the hot vinegar circulates throughout the machine and removes all impurities.
You can also read: How to clean microwave with vinegar
Have you tried this grandmother’s trick for descaling a coffee maker? Let us know in the comments if it worked for you. We can’t wait to hear from you!