White vinegar is a universal cleaning product. Abrasive, it removes both stains and odors. Find out how to use this miracle remedy to clean the inside of your microwave.
How do you get white vinegar?
Also called crystal vinegar or alcohol vinegar, white vinegar is a formidably effective solution to all the problems of stains, grease and soiling, in the house as in the garden. You can also use it as an anti-limescale as a fabric softener, as a deodorant, as a weedkiller or as a disinfectant.
The accessories you need to clean your microwave
➤A ceramic bowl.
➤A few drops of lemon juice.
➤Two tablespoons of white vinegar.
How to clean the microwave?
Cleaning your microwave with white vinegar is really very easy. Follow these steps carefully and you can be sure that the inside of your microwave will return to its new condition within five minutes. And new condition, it’s a pristine white, don’t think the pale yellow you are used to seeing it covered with is its natural color. Goodbye splashing tomato sauce and hot chocolate!
- Fill your ceramic bowl with water and add the two tablespoons of vinegar to it. You can even add a small drop of essential oil to it to pleasantly scent the room. Indeed, white vinegar has many qualities but it does not smell particularly good.
- To prevent another disaster within your microwave, with the water muddling and spilling onto the turntable, add a toothpick to the water. It is this which will absorb the heat and it will prevent the water from reaching 100 ° C.
- You must then put the bowl in the microwave, on the turntable and run the program that produces the most heat. Let it run for at least five minutes to give the water time to evaporate and coat all sides evenly. When the five minutes have passed, wait at least two more minutes before opening the door, so that the steam gently loosens all the stains and impurities.
- When you open the microwave, keep your face away from the opening, as the water vapor that will come out could lightly burn your face. Also, put on gloves to catch the bowl because its edges will be really hot.
- You can now run the sponge over the walls of the microwave. The dirt will come off on its own, you won’t even need to scrub. Also, remove the turntable and casters to clean everything quietly in the sink.
So as not to make your microwave dirty again
Your microwave is now like new and it would be really frustrating to see it covered in unwanted stains again. To avoid this inconvenience, consider investing in a protective cover to place over each dish you heat.